Preschool Storytime & Activities
Book Babies is a language acquisition program for infants (0-24 months) and their parents.
- Who: Babies (0-24 months) & Parent(s). All babies must be accompanied by an adult lap
- What: A FREE library program for fun and information
- Where: Marshall Public Library on the main floor in the storytime room.
- Why: To help your child start early with books and enhance his/her language development. To help yourself learn more about children and have the opportunity to meet other parents and babies.
- When: Every Tuesday @ 10am
- Program Development - Goals to encourage an early start with books and other language activities to provide an adult language model for the participating adults to attract new library users- young parents, non-reading parents, single parents and teen parents to provide socialization opportunity for parents and infants to improve library service to all members of families - grandparents and other children to provide experts to speak on topics of interest to parents of infants and toddlers
- This is a fast paced program perfect for your "on the go" toddler.
- It is filled with songs, finger plays, activities and, of course, books.
- This program is designed especially for your active two year old.
- Each child must have a parent or guardian with them.
- This is a great opportunity for parents to meet other parents of two year olds and learn some fun things that can be done at home.
- What a great time to get your child interested in coming to the library and establishing a life long love for books.
- Classes will be held every Monday @ 10am at the Marshall Public Library on the first floor.
3-5 Year-Olds Storytimes
- Wednesdays & Thursdays at 10 a.m. or 1:00 p.m.
- Each program is theme based and uses numerous books in addition to finger plays, poems, prop stories, songs, and audiovisuals.
- This program lasts 40-45 minutes and children attend without parents.
- This gives kids the opportunity to interact with other children their age and enjoy the best books.
- For 3-5 year olds
- Conducted by Marshall Public Library Staff
- Unlimited number of participants No registration necessary
First grade visits in April
Every April MPL is happily overrun by first graders! Why? April is the month when all the elementary schools in our district bring their 1st grade students to the library for a special story time, a tour of the library, and a chance to check out a book.
During April our regular story times and children's activities are suspended. They will resume in May. If you are the parent of a child in first grade watch for information from your child's teacher about the library field trip.