Preschool Storytime & Activities
Book Babies is a language acquisition program for infants (0-24 months) and their parents.
- Who: Babies (0-24 months) & Parent(s). All babies must be accompanied by an adult lap
- What: A FREE library program for fun and information
- Where: Marshall Public Library on the main floor in the storytime room.
- Why: To help your child start early with books and enhance his/her language development. To help yourself learn more about children and have the opportunity to meet other parents and babies.
- When: Every Tuesday @ 10am
- Program Development - Goals to encourage an early start with books and other language activities to provide an adult language model for the participating adults to attract new library users- young parents, non-reading parents, single parents and teen parents to provide socialization opportunity for parents and infants to improve library service to all members of families - grandparents and other children to provide experts to speak on topics of interest to parents of infants and toddlers
- This is a fast paced program perfect for your "on the go" toddler.
- It is filled with songs, finger plays, activities and, of course, books.
- This program is designed especially for your active two year old.
- Each child must have a parent or guardian with them.
- This is a great opportunity for parents to meet other parents of two year olds and learn some fun things that can be done at home.
- What a great time to get your child interested in coming to the library and establishing a life long love for books.
- Classes will be held every Thursday from 11:30 am to 12:00 pm at the Marshall Public Library on the first floor.
3-5 Year-Olds Storytimes
- Wednesdays & Thursdays at 10 a.m. or 1:00 p.m.
- Each program is theme based and uses numerous books in addition to finger plays, poems, prop stories, songs, and audiovisuals.
- This program lasts 40-45 minutes and children attend without parents.
- This gives kids the opportunity to interact with other children their age and enjoy the best books.
- For 3- year olds
- Conducted by Marshall Public Library Staff
- Unlimited number of participants No registration necessary